Cold Mountain

Cold Mountain

Friday, May 2, 2014

April 28 -- May 2 --- getting sort of hazy.

Yikes...I can't remember...

April 28 & 29 -- Not much going on. Wind finally started to die down and it started getting warmer. I bought some plants for my large containers and got things planted.

April 30 -- It is so dusty that you can barely make out the mountain. They say it is blowing east from the plains and hanging in our air. It isn't windy here anymore an it doesn't seem dusty except to look out in the distance.  I'm making plans for my "wind porch" enclosed portal on the back of the house. It has been so windy that I didn't want to go out. It won't be big -- only 7' by 12' but that big enough to have a table and chairs and a place to sit and read or have breakfast.  With sliding doors I can open it up on days when it isn't too cold or windy and can put a small space heater in thee if needed in the winter.

May 1 -- Went to a nursery an got some information and a few plants. I guess I'm going to limp along and do some landscaping on my own.  I pretty much know what I have growing in the yard now and I probably will have to dig out the Russian Sage before I plant a replacement.  Stopped off at B&N and got Jill a birthday card and some stuff. I'm afraid she won't get it in time for her birthday.   Went to the New Balance store and bought some new shoe inserts and they seem to help.

May 2 --  Mailed stuff off to Jill early but still won't make it.  Trying to get in touch with Betty but no luck. I'd like to talk before I head to California.  Stopped at Sprouts for a few groceries.

No comments:

Post a Comment