Memorial Day Weekend
Where did the time go? May is almost gone and I've been very busy. Visit my other blog (Ken Across America) for details on my trip to California.
My Plantar Fsciitis is still hanging in there but most dys it is hardly noticable. I'm getting lots of advice...when I go get my physical exam in June or July I'll talk to the doctor and maybe see a podiatrist. Seems like a shoe insert is the key. I bought one from the local New Balance store that helps.
I've been very busy with the New Mexico Architectural Foundation since I got back from my trip and will still have more to do. It is a little frustrating. I'm a volunteer but, except for a couple other people, everyone else is an architect. It is like herding cats. No one seems to want to make a decision. We have several issues... School Zone's architecture curriculum for kids wants us to partner with them. It seems like they really want us to do their work and soon that will consume our organization. We have already given them $2,000 but they need more. No one will be the bad guy and say this is a bad idea but we dance around it and it seems most people want to go slowly if we go at all. It is a good program but it doesn't have legs to stand on. Secondly, we have a grant application to write...seemingly because we can and there is money available...but for what? Thirdly, we have a new web site andit is great. We have a professional site developer who is doing the design and installation work but seems to be doing it for free or for very little money. There are decisions to be made but apart from everyone sgreeing tht the site is great, there isn't much direction. Finally, the "guide" to Albuquerque architecture needs a rewrite and redesign. It will be part of the web site but still sort of a stand alone thing. Right now it is in pretty bad shape and there is a debate about what it should be...unresolved. We had a regular executive meeting and then a second meeting on the guide. We will write the grant to cover the cost of redesigning and updating the guide and paying our web developer for her work. The thing is...in the space of a few weekends we could have the guide almost done if we just worked on it. The foundation's annual membership meeting is next weekend and some of this will be discussed.
I participated in the Beer Geek brewing contest (see Feral Chats). Five groups brewed a special beer that was entered in the contest and then the five groups and the patrons of Tractor Brewing got to vote on the best. Ours lost -- I thought it was pretty bad myself. Ours wasn't the worst...one smelled like cat piss. Ours, a Blood Orange Pale Ale, was too bitter and sour for my taste. A malty stout won the contest and it was my favorite.
Albuquerque Sol, our new minor league soccer team, played it's first home game and lost. But they did a good joband were the better team. Early mistakes put them behind and they couldn't come back to win. There were over 1,300 paid fans who turned out for the game and conditions were not ideal. The games are at Pius X highschool field wich is good but the lights are too bright and too low so they shine right in your eyes. I enjoyed the game.
Watson's diabetes has gone into remission , we think. He is on a low carb diet and maybe that is all he needs. That would be good. We go back to the vet today for follow up...
The patio door project is not going anywhere. I keep getting mixed signals on what I need to do. I wrote to Betty but she hasn't responded.
Memorial Day weekend -- cleaned up yard, installed kitchen light, destroyed Garbage Disposal and bought a new one..
Next month?
No comments:
Post a Comment