Cold Mountain

Cold Mountain

Monday, December 23, 2013

December 23 the Eve of Christmas Eve

I just realized that this will be my first Christmas alone. OK -- that's fine. I had a nice visit with Jill when she was here and we decorated the tree and did a few Christmas things. I got my shopping done early and got everything sent off so now I'm waiting for the big day.

I have a few Christmas traditions and I've been checking them off. I saw my two required movies (Polar Express and Muppet Christmas Carol) and I made my fudge and a few cookies. I made beer...very good, I might add. Christmas cards were sent and I performed my annual cleaning of the espresso machine.

I'm trying to get organized to attend church on Christmas Eve but that is proving to be difficult since I don't belong to a church yet and the Lutheran churches in the area don't seem to publicize their holiday services. I may skip it and go see the luminaries in old town.

I have a few presents to open from Jill and Jeanne. Santa already brought me a telescope and a Petanque set.  I'm thinking about going to a movie...there are a lot of good ones out now.

Yesterday, Monday, I went on a walk with the walking club over at the Alameda open space area next to the river. I enjoyed it and had a good walk and met a couple more people. On the way home I came through the Sandia reservation and saw the Sandhill Cranes and a small herd of Buffalo that they keep on the reservation.

I feel like I'm practically hibernating since I'm not doing much. Today's highlight was getting my hair cut and going to the grocery store. I did work around the goldfish pond a little. It was a pretty day and not too cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment