Cold Mountain

Cold Mountain

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

First Post

I need a new blog like I need a hole in my head. Anyway, this will be an occasional diary - more or less. Nothing profound...I'm pretty much all out of that until I get a new shipment. Other blogs have that stuff anyway.

I just thought it might be a good idea to record a few things before they get away.

I moved here to the land of enchantment full-time back in September and it has been busy getting settled and finding things in the new neighborhood.

So far I've done a few important things
  • Found a Doctor for me
  • Found a Vet for Watson
  • Found a micro-brewery for me
  • Registered to vote
  • Made a few friends
  • Found some local versions of my old familiar haunts: Barnes & Noble, Panera, Target, etc
  • Found a few cool new spots
  • Went on a few excursions and day trips
Jill came and spent about 3 weeks here and we had a great time.

Much of this stuff is on my other blogs...pictures and stories.

I still need to get into Bocce or possibly Petanque and maybe a volunteer job or something to do with my free time. I found a church but haven't managed to get over there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment