Cold Mountain

Cold Mountain

Friday, January 17, 2014

January 17-- Warm and Sunny...time for yard work

January 16 -- warm -- almost up to 60 degrees. Seems like Jill's house is sold which is a good thing. The inspection came out pretty good. The only thing that needs attention is some flashing on the roof and a couple shingles.  She's waiting on the buyers to come back and ask for a fix.

This was another day for errands. My DVDs are due so I went back to the library and turned them in and got a few more. The next stop was Lowe's to pick up a couple things.

Actually it was a quiet day. I sat outside and read on the back portal in the sun. Watson came out with me for a while.

My evening was dinner followed by Big Bang, PBS and a DVD of Leverage


January 17 -- wow, another nice day...near 60.  The fish are waking up and demanding food.  They look pretty good.  Watson sits in the window and watches me feed them.

Morning was laundry and rearranging the dust on the furniture. I can't get ahead of the dust.

Jill called...buyers only want the flashing fixed and Jill has an estimate for $350 for the job. Not bad. Closing is delayed until February 15th so there's time to get it done.

I had a late lunch at Flying Star (no bagels, had a scone) and then went home for some yard work. I cut back more of the Russian Sage and freed up the 2nd Mexican Bird of Paradise tree...it looks a little sick.

I got cleaned up and went to the pharmacy (Albertson's) to pick up a prescription refill and a few groceries.

Next stop was Kaktus Brewing for my Friday visit. Ran into Tom again. Turns out he was a doctor at the NM State Pen so we swapped prison stories for a while.  I was craving fried chicken. I stopped off at KFC and bought s four piece dinner with mashed potatoes and green beans and took it home and ate it all.

TV was Leverage followed by a DVD of Midsomer Murders.  Burp.


No comments:

Post a Comment