Tuesday,January 28th...Colder than it has been for a while. This is supposed to be a warm week with a cool down coming in a few days.
I installed the hand shower in the master bath. Plumbing isn't my strong point...sometimes it is worse after I'm done than when I started. The shower works OK even though it isn't exactly installed right because whoever installed the prior shower head put it on so tight that I'd break the pipe getting it back to the original pipe.
I noticed a bunch of coyote tracks again out in the back of the house. They are coming right up close to the garage door. That kind of creeps me out.
I went to the local library and got my new DVDs to watch. More Leverage and Prime Suspect.
I went out for a late lunch and decided I wanted to try someplace new. There is an Italian restaurant over by Enchanted Hills that I'd like to try. When I got there it seemed to be closed...as in out of business. What to do... I headed toward Bernalillo and decided to eat at the Guang Dong Chinese restaurant. Since it was late I decided to have a 'lupper' instead of lunch. I had the Beef and Broccoli combination plate that comes with egg drop soup, rice and egg roll. The soup was absolutely tasteless....just kind of thick. The rice was called egg fried rice...it was sort of yellow but again, tasteless. The beef and broccoli was so hot I couldn't taste anything until it cooled a little. The broccoli was in big chunks and they didn't supply a knife so I had to bite it off or use the soup spoon to break it up. It tasted like broccoli. The beef didn't have much of a flavor because it was swimming in a gravy that I think came out of a can. The egg roll was OK as was the fortune cookie. My fortune was: "You will attract cultured and artistic people to your home". Okiedoke. This week is the Chinese New Year...the year of the horse.
I went back home and had to fill the pond before it got dark...the pump was making sounds because the water level dropped. I didn't have supper because of my Chinese experience. I just had coffee and some cookies later.
I watched President Obama's State of the Union speech. It was a mixed bag of stuff...not much to say about it because the last year was so awful it is sort of a do-over.
TV tonight was my DVD after the speech -- Leverage.
Wednesday, January 29. Not quite a cool as yesterday. I cleaned the pond filter and got a little more algae out of the pond.
I decided to tackle some things at home. The bathrooms were dirty so I cleaned them up a little. I had paperwork scattered all over so I got some of that organized and put away.
I went to Flying Star in Bernalillo for my usual bagel and cream cheese. I'm going to have to spend more effort in cleaning up the pond so I decided to buy some rubber boots. The Tractor Supply store in Bernalillo has some on sale so I went there and bought a pair for $12.00 that will do the job.
Supper was pan fried flounder with Jamaican curry, corn, baked potato and bean salad. TV for the night was PBS and DVDs.
No comments:
Post a Comment