January 4th - Saturday - seemed like it would be a good day but the wind came up and really became a howling blow all day. I tried to work outside since it was in the 50s but the wind was almost too much.
Otherwise, the day was pretty uneventful. I made my lunch of a salad and salmon and worked some more on my budget. If Jill sells her house, I'll have more money to work with. In general, I'm surprised that I'm not having a harder time making ends meet and sometimes I wonder if I've forgotten something. I think it is because I'm by myself. Before I moved I'd have Jill for the weekend a couple times a month and I guess that made a difference. I'm just not spending as much, I guess....but I don't know how that can be.
January 5th was still windy and not as warm. I stayed in and worked around the house in the morning. Nothing outstanding but the place needs some cleaning....Watson is a little messy at times.
At 2 PM I went to walk with the walking club after having lunch at Wendy's. We had a good turnout at the Alameda Open Space trail and there were several people I'd not met. It was windy enough that I wore my heavy hoody sweatshirt. We saw several hundred crows fly over and then I saw them fly back the way they came a short while later.
It was windy and I was cold so I stopped for coffee and a cookie at Flying Star after the walk to warm up. Afterwards I went to Sprouts for a few groceries and bought more than I need, as usual.
Supper was a bagette ham and cheese sandwich.
I watched the beginning episode of the fourth year of Downton Abbey...seems like old times. Not much change except everyone is in mourning and tiptoeing around "The Lady Mary". Afterward I watched an episode of Sherlock...one I've seen before and actually didn't like much.
No comments:
Post a Comment