Cold Mountain
Tuesday, January 7, 2014
January 7th -- Thinking about volunteering
January 6th, Monday, was an OK day.
My acquaintance from France, Denis, made contact with me again after several years. It was good to hear from him. Our friendship goes back to a visit he made to Jefferson City back in 2008, I think. He doesn't speak English and I don't speak French but we manage to communicate.
I'm trying to get ready for the New Mexico Architecture Foundation meeting on Wednesday. I'm offering my services as a volunteer but I'm not exactly sure what they do. They have a web site that gives some information and a list of projects. I don't really know what the projects are for. I made a list of some projects and decided I would drive by and look at some of them.
I went to Barnes and Noble for my bagel and cream cheese lunch and then started out looking at the selected projects. The first one was an old traditional adobe home. It was once a farm house. It sits by itself and seems out of context with what it should have. There are other historic adobe structures in the area but they are not clearly visible because they sit back on the property and sometimes there is something built in front if them. The next project was a prairie style home on 10th street. It sits in a neighborhood of bungalows and late Victorians. Next I drove through the Aldo Leopold neighborhood, which is another area of similar bungalow style homes.
I stopped at Kaktus Brewing on my way home. Dana was fussing with a second-hand espresso machine that he was trying to get started. It only partially worked and he didn't have a manual to show how to fix it.
Supper was fried chicken and yet more of the leftover Mac and cheese. I finally finished it off. The fried chicken was pretty good.
I watched Antiques Roadshow and an episode of William and Mary....a BBC series I never heard of but was pretty good.
January 7th, Tuesday. After yesterday's hustle and bustle I had a quiet day.
Today was laundry day and that took a while.
It was also grocery day so I went and got a few things...not much.
I've been fussing with some solar lights that I bought at Lowes and placed out in the front. The problem stems from the lack of direct sunlight in a few places.
I had soup (clam chowder) for supper and ended the evening with some reading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment