Friday, January 24th. Still a little cool but not like they predicted. I worked in the pond for a while, pulling string algae. The water level dropped a bunch after staying stable for a week. I have no idea why it suddenly loses water.
I decided to keep up with my plan to look for a rug. I headed out and stopped for lunch at Flying Star in Corrales and then headed over to 4th street and looked at a antique mall that has rugs. This is where I bought the rug I have that is a little too small. They really don't have anything larger. The prices are much lower than the other place but they have stuff that I don't like much. I browsed around looking at the antiques. they have some reasonable prices but I don't have room for anything more.
This being Friday, it was time for my regular trip over to Kaktus Brewery. Dana has a now beer...a bock...that was pretty good. I had a pint of that and then had an ESB. Jill called and wanted to talk but didn't have anything serious to go over so I said I'd call her back in a little while. I was thinking about leaving and Tom showed up so we talked for about 45 minutes and I had a 3rd beer....my limit. I headed for home and Jill called as soon as I got in the door...she was worried that I hadn't called her back.
Jill was having a rough week at work and just needed to talk. Seems like no one knows what she does and then when she tries to explain they aren't very interested. Her home life is fine and the house sale is still on track.
This was Joanne's birthday. She would have been 71 today. It's Sandy's birthday, too, but I forgot to send her a greeting.
I had chili and chips for supper and watched a little TV.
January 25th -- Saturday -- back to warmer weather. I wished Sandy a belated happy birthday. I talked to Rod this morning for a while. He seems to be doing OK.
My toilet in the master bath is running so I decided I would fix it. I went to Lowe's and got a new 'flapper' and also picked up some sanitizer for the dishwasher. I replaced the flapper and the toilet still runs. Seems like the flush valve is leaking. It stops when I turn off the water supply so it is under pressure and seeping out of the valve. I don't know how to fix that....yet.
I disinfected the dishwasher. It has a funky smell when you get the clean dishes out. The sanitizer is a whole bottle of chemicals with a wax seal. You stick the bottle in the silverware cubby and turn the dishwasher on for a long hot run and the wax melts and the chemicals clean out the dishwasher. It seemed to work....no more smell.
I made a turkey wrap for lunch with stinky cheese and chips. Watson got some cheese. After lunch I filled the pond even though there was still some ice on it. I pulled more string algae out.
I decided to go over the Santa Ana casino for a while. I used the ATM and got $100.00 out with a plan to only use $20 and play penny slots. I was lucky and left with $111.80. I've been lucky the last three times. I'm due for a losing day soon. As long as I'm winning I enjoy it but if I lose more that $15 or $20 I'm grumpy.
I emailed Betty and Jill and Donna with a link to my project web site to get their opinion.
I stopped off at Albertson's and did some grocery shopping on the way home. Supper was tortellini and the last of my meatballs with a Hartke Original sauce. I managed to cut my finger while cutting bread for dipping in oil. It bled for a while...ouch. Supper was good.
My evening was watching PBS again. They have the Murder in Paradise series which is a tropical island with a London police detective solving crimes. Sherlock was on again.
No comments:
Post a Comment