Cold Mountain

Cold Mountain

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

January 21 Best Buy

January 20th -- Martin Luther King Jr.Day. I put up my flag on the flag pole. It doesn't get much use except for national holidays and then sometimes I forget. It looks good up there blowing in the breeze and we always have a breeze.

My big event for the day was to have lunch at Barnes and Noble and then go to Best Buy (same mall) and check out some of the stuff I need. I got a new mouse for my laptop. The other one was driving me nuts...I probably dropped it too many times. I looked at wireless music speakers. I'm thinking that maybe that is a better way to go than upgrading the intercom system. Getting some decent speakers and a wireless system might cost less than the intercom. I also looked at electronic TV aerials...not the rabbit ears type but a flat panel that pulls in the air wave channels. I'm thinking that that night be workable if I redo the back portal and turn that into a breakfast room/lounge and move the little TV out there. That's a big project. I bought a portable CD player to listen to audio books on. My set-up now is too inconvenient.This one will require headphones but that will be OK until something better comes along.

I made a big grocery shopping trip to Smiths on the way back home. I needed quite a lot of stuff and had a long list. Somehow I managed to spend less than I figured....I must be getting better at this shopping stuff. Supper was a beef cutlet with boiled potatoes and the left over stewed apples. I used cream of asparagus soup as a sauce over the beef and potatoes. I was pretty good.

 Monday night TV is a waste for me. I tried to watch Antiques Roadshow but it was too dull. I switched to a DVD I got at the library called "Black Books"...a BBC comedy. British comedy is strange and this is really strange...a reclusive bookstore owner and his friends. It was mildly funny. I read a while and went to bed.

 January 21 -- another pretty day. About 60 degrees and not too sunny. I decided to weigh myself this morning...229 pounds. I need to get serious and lose some weight. I worked outside for a short time. The fish were not interested in eating. I tried to get some algae out of the pond. It looks to me like I have a large animal coming into the yard based on foot prints that I've been seeing. This is a large and heavy animal and it comes at night.

Of course the CD player didn't work. I went off to the post office to mail a package to Jill (Storage unit key) and then went to exchange the CD player. I'll try a second time to see if it will work with the same model....otherwise I need to spend more. I stopped at Flying Star in Corrales and looked at the import shop on the way home.

I called Jeanne while at Flying Star and we talked for almost a half hour. Things are going well and she had an adventure. She has a basketball with St. Louis Hawks and Boston Celtics autographs from many years ago. She met a sports collection guy and he looked at the ball and got excited and wants it for the St. Louis Sports Hall of Fame.

Supper was the 2nd beef cutlet with couscous and a big salad, Evening was uneventful. I had more hoof marks in the yard and they must be from a small antelope.



I don't think Jackalopes have hooves.









No comments:

Post a Comment