Cold Mountain

Cold Mountain

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

January 13 Walking and Nursury Visit

Sunday, January 12,  weather was good but still a little breezy. Hung around the house n the morning and did nothing.

My walking club was meeting at 2 PM over at the Alemeda Open Space so that was my only planned event for the day.

I ate lunch at Wendy's and then took Rt. 313 down to Alemeda and then to the walking spot. That is getting to be one of my main routes to get into the city. It bypasses the Southern and Intel areas of Rio Rancho.

The walkers were the same group plus a few more. Billy and Roberta and her husband Mac. Mac is a hobby photographer so he had his camera. Roberta has a little asthma so she walks slow. Billy likes to walk at a fast pace.  We sort of managed to stay together.  It was a good walk.  I stopped off at Flying Star for coffee afterward....in Bernalillo.

I had fish and fries for supper and then watched Downton Abbey. They might as well turn that into an opera.

January 13 -- Monday. I decided to run some errands and get some ideas for my house. I had to stop at the bank and transfer some money for later. Lunch was a bagel and cream cheese at Bernalillo Flying Star. I might as well rent a room there. This time it s free because of my credits...free lunch.

I stopped at the antique store to look at some stained glass windows they have. I'm thinking of having one to hang in my bathroom by the glass block window. Unfortunately, they want $125 for each window....which is crazy. I'd pay $20.00 if that much.  They have the ladder-back chairs down to $28 each.
 
I stopped at the Jericho Nursery on Alemeda and talked to a guy about my yard. He has some good ideas and made some suggestions. I need to take some pictures and go back to see him again.

I had stir fry pork and cellophane noodles for dinner. The noodles are terrible....like snot. Yuk.  TV was the Prime Suspect DVD from the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment