Thursday, February 13, wonderful day for mid-February. I'm loving the weather. I enjoy being outside. I worked in the pond and cleared out the stream to get the water flowing better. My 'improvements' of a day ago were backing up the water and it was escaping over the edge of the liner...dropping the water level in the pond. I did a bunch more work on the bocce court. It is coming along. I'm taking it slow to protect my back which is giving me some trouble.
I had a light lunch 'at my villa in Majorca' --- which means I ate outside and enjoyed the view and the weather. I had sardines and dipping bread with cheese and cherry tomatoes. I had my mp3 player going and my earphones on and I looked up and there was a guy at the table...Mozo? más vino, por favor. Well, he wasn't my waiter. He was selling beef steaks out of his car. Really?? Where have those been? I said I wasn't interested.
My lunch was followed by more bocce court work. I decided to stop early and get cleaned up a little and go down to Kaktus Brewery for supper. I met a couple of young women I met once before and Tom, the prison doctor, was there and Kurt, a mechanical engineer from Santa Fe, formerly from Chicago. Kurt was interesting...he invented the machinery that wraps Wrigley gum in it's foil and paper wrapper. We talked for quite a while about places to go in New Mexico. Supper was a brat and a beer.
I never stay late...I have to get home and medicate Watson. I watched Big Bang at 7 PM and then switched over to the Olympics.
Valentines Day, February 14th. It was warm and sunny -- up to 66 degrees today. I worked on bocce court...pulled top rail and removed fencing. Jill called at about 11:45 and said the closing on the house went fine. It turns out that Tyler, the guy buying the house, is the former barista at Dunn Brothers. We liked him but he seemed to get into trouble with the other workers. We ran into him at Prison Brews and he was celebrating his upcoming marriage and a little tipsy. So he got married and bought a house.
I had lunch at Burger King and then went to Lowes and spent $80 on more bocce court stuff. When I got home Rod stopped by to offer support and said I could borrow his wheelbarrow to move and level the dirt.
I was dirty and dusty so I got cleaned up and ate a fast supper and then went back down to Kaktus. I said I would come back tonight and have some of their chocolate and beer. Tom was there so we swapped stories about prison life. Tom paid for my beer!!! I owe him one...
Tonight's TV -- (DVD) Prime Suspect and a little Olympics followed by some reading. I'm not too excited about the Olympics for some reason.
No comments:
Post a Comment