Cold Mountain

Cold Mountain

Thursday, February 6, 2014

February 6 -- I'm Benign

Wednesday, February 5, Our big news is that a winter storm is coming. It has been a dry winter so we need snow. We had some a couple days ago but it didn't stay long. My cousin, Jim, has been emailing me about family tree stuff. We ended up with ten emails and talked about a bunch of stuff.

I got cleaned up and went to get a hair cut. I went to my usual place but a guy, Greg, cut my hair. Apparently he worked there before but was away for a while. It has always been women working there. Greg is my age and retired and needed to do something....he works for casino money. After the haircut I went to Walgreens and then got lunch at Flying Star...my usual bagel and coffee. Still on my diet.

My afternoon was spent doing computer stuff. I got an email from Steve at the NMAF talking about the architectural guide. I responded that I'd get back to him after my doctor visit tomorrow. I'm not sure I have much to offer on the guide but I'll help if I can. With the weather turning bad I took time to feed the birds and the fish. It started snowing around 2 PM.

 My supper was meatballs, broccoli and tortellini in pesto sauce. Pretty good. Donna called in the evening and we talked for an hour...weather there has been bad and she has cabin fever. Later I watched TV and listened to my audio book.

February 6 - Thursday. The snow storm was a dud. Not much at all but it is really cold. The pond is almost solid. I plugged in the heater. It will be cold all day.

My doctor appointment is at 1:45 so I got organized and headed out about an hour early. I had lunch at Wendy's and then went looking for the doctor's office. I was anxious about this visit. I have a black growth on my face that tingles and itches a little and I'm always touching it. Skin cancer is the family affliction so I'm concerned. My doctor visit took less than 15 minutes. I have a common benign skin flaw that is seborrhea keritosis and is harmless. The doctor squirted some liquid nitrogen on it and said it would go away....blister and then drop off.

I'm kinda off my diet today. I had a single pizza and some potato chips for supper and then coffee and cookies. Tonight's TV is Big Bang and winter Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment