Cold Mountain

Cold Mountain

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Feb 8 Olympics start--- Mr. Fixit

February 7th -- Friday.  It was supposed to snow again but it didn't.


I was feeling good today and decided I was going to get a few things done. I went off to Lowe's and got what I needed to fix the toilet. I fixed the flapper a week or so ago but it didn't fix the problem. I need to replace the flush valve. It was easier than I expected and I got it done in about a half hour. I watched it for a couple hours to be sure there was no leaking.  It was all OK.  I have a bad track record on plumbing so I'm proud of this.


Today's lunch - braunswiger sandwich with chips and a pickle. I'm still on my diet. I think weekends will be rough but if I can keep my weekdays under control I can relax a little on weekends.


After lunch I decided to fix something else. My automatic gate stopped working a while back. I decided to fix that. I got out the house binder and read the troubleshooting section on the gate. I went and checked the transformer. It had fallen out of the electrical plug-in socket. That was an easy fix.


Being Friday, I went to Kaktus Brewing -- had a 1/2 beer flight of four samples (wheat, helles, winter brew, bock) and then had a new IPA. I needed something to eat--something crunchy. I got some tortilla chips and curry ketchup. I had Pizza for supper and watched the winter Olympics opening at Sochi Russia.





February 8th was a Saturday. I was supposed to go on a fossil hunting meetup but I wasn't prepared and Watson has been throwing up so I cancelled out.  When I got up I was planning on watching the Olympics. They weren't on.


I decided that my dirty clothes were piling up. I did my laundry. I can't tell why Watson is throwing up except that I've been giving him a little different food and it must not agree with him.  He usually throws up if he eats his food too fast but this is different.


Today's lunch was a carbon copy of yesterday's lunch.  I like braunswieger but only eat it in the winter months.


I'm looking for tools to start working on my  bocce court project. I went out to my storage shed and found some stuff I forgot about. Not just tools.


I was happy that it was warm...almost 60 degrees...and I wanted to be outside. I planted a bunch of Arugula seeds in a small pot...I hope it's not too early. I also transplanted the Rosemary bush I bought at Lowes. Now I'll have rosemary for cooking.


Messing with the rosemary made me want to cook something. I made Turkey Noodle Soup with some Hominy - which made it almost a chowder.  I watched TV and started a new book.





No comments:

Post a Comment