February 25 -- started out sunny and warm but got cloudy by the end of the day. I worked indoors in the morning -- finished up some things. I decided to trim my beard because it was getting scraggly -- I ended up almost shaving it off but I left a little stubble and it will be back by the end of the week. I like it shorter than longer but I'm too lazy to keep it trimmed. I've had it for about ten years and my mustache since before 1972. I haven't seen my upper lip in over 40 years.
I had a sandwich for lunch and then worked outside in the afternoon. I learned that my bocce court really needs to be ten feet wide instead of eight. That means I had to take down the east fence from the old garden. I was thinking of keeping it up but there isn't enough room to walk around the court if I leave it up. I pulled the posts and wrapped up the fencing.
I talked to Terry for a while and she gave me some history of the house and former owners. Apparently the first owners wanted to have horses and they built a horse arena complete with stadium lights and had horses there occasionally. They kept them someplace else but had them there much of the time. The neighbors were not happy and circulated a petition and contacted lawyers and the city zoning commission. Finally, the horses had to go. It sounded kind of ugly.
I loaned Rod a 1/2 inch drill bit and he showed me a project he was doing for the neighbor on the other side (Nate). He does good work. I'm thinking of having him install the sliding door when I do the project.
I killed off some of the weeds and shoveled some of Jules' compost around -- the former owner. Rod asked me to join his Monday night bowling team. At first I didn't say anything but later I told him I would...I needed to say "yes" to something. (A long story)
I worked in the pond a while and pulled some algae out of the stream. The fish are doing fine and really know when feeding time comes around and they put on a show. Some are bullies and take food from the other fish. I manage to get some food to each one. They don't need food -- they can and should be eating the algae.
I made a pizza from scratch for supper and watched TV and listened to my audio book. Gene called and we talked about his wedding and whether I will come. I'm planning on making the trip. He says a block of rooms will be set aside at a local motel in Livermore.
February 26 - Wednesday. My life is consumed with making progress on the bocce court. I spend several hours out working on it every day. I have to be careful not to mess up my back again or my knee or my whatever.
Yesterday I agreed to be on Rod's bowling team. There was an unexpected opening. That would be on the Monday night league. Today was his Wednesday night league and I went with him to see the bowling alley and find out about signing up. There was a misunderstanding once I heard the whole story. It wasn't on his team....somebody lse's team needed a member. I'd be making a 16 week commitment to this unknown team. I apologized and explained I wasn't that interested. I thought I was helping him out with his team...I'm not that enthusiastic about bowling to join a team I don't know.
No comments:
Post a Comment