Cold Mountain

Cold Mountain

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Feb 2 Groundhog Day -- Superbowl

Saturday, February , I had a commitment to help Rod with one of his handyman projects. I got up and got cleaned up so I looked presentable. He was at my door at 10:15 and we took off for Marcia's house. We were going to meet Rod III, his grandson there. Our biggest task was to move a glass top table. Rod III was late but he got there -- had a little accident...someone bumped him and dented his rear bumper.  Anyway, we got our work done. I learned to never ever buy a class top table. It took all three of us to move the glass top.  It must have weighed over 300 pounds and it was hard to keep a good hold on it. Rod changed a couple high light bulbs and did some detail painting and then we moved the table back to where it belonged. There was a lot of readjusting to make it all agree with Marcia's notion of alignment.


Rod insisted on paying me $20 so I took myself out to the Corrales Bistro and had a good pastrami sandwich and a beer. I went down the street and roamed around the antique store. I ended up buying a rug...a Kilim style wool and jute rug for $55. It was probably never on the floor and I intend to use it on the back of my loveseat or my futon to add a little color.


I was too full to eat anything when I got home but Watson was hungry. I finally ate something around 8 PM....just a sandwich.  TV was PBS all night.

PBS on TV



February 2nd -- Groundhog Day and Super Bowl Sunday. I woke up in a good mood...really. And I spent the morning puttering around the house. I did my laundry and also decided to wash the coverlet that was on the futon. Watson sleeps on it and gets it a little dirty from his excursions into the litter box.


I made a nice turkey wrap for lunch. There were some home improvement shows on TV that I watched.


I made a grocery list and went over to Albertsons to get stuff on my list.  I backed cookies and paid a few bills.

I had plans to go to Kaktus Brewing to watch the Super Bowl but it was already started by the time I got there. The Seahawks were winning and it was a serious rout by the time it was over -- the Broncos only got 8 points while the Seahawks had 44 by the time it was over. I met my friends Stewart and his wife Gloria. They had been there for a while. Stewart is an off-road racer and is working on a VW Beetle to race on the Baja races. He hopes to have it ready for a race in California's Imperial Valley in April.  He had a lot of stories and was trying to explain the car issues but some of that went over my head.  I had two beers and a brat and a good time. I left just as the game was ending. Dana was enjoying the crowb. Kaktus ius getting a lot of good press and he will probably make a go of it. The problem is that people have to get off their butt and come to Bernalillo so inertia gets in the way.

I got home safely....Super Bowl Sunday is almost like New Years Eve.  Watson got fed and medicated. I watched Downton Abbey and Sherlock. Sherlock is too weird sometimes and I didn't enjoy it much.



No comments:

Post a Comment