Cold Mountain

Cold Mountain

Monday, February 24, 2014

February 24 All Jocked Out

February 23 -- Sunday...nice and warm.Today was the USATF Finals and I went back for the third day. I enjoyed the whole show but didn't stay to see all of the finals or the closing ceremony.  I couldn't make my self sit on a bleacher seat any more. I took about 1,800 pictures over the three days so I didn't miss much.

Today I sat next to a lady who holds the 5K record for her age group.  She is 91 but doesn't look like it....maybe 70.  I also met and talked to John Carlos, bronze medal winner at the Mexico City 1968 Olympics. He was one of the two "Black Power" salute athletes along with Tommie Smith.  Turns out it was a 'Human Rights Salute' but most people don't know that.






I've been trying to get in to the new Tractor Brewery since I drive by it on the way home from the track meet. It has been too crowded but today I actually got in and it was very pleasant.  They have a bunch of beers on tap and a food truck on the lot. What I liked most was the open-ness of the place. The walls seem to fold back and the place is open to the outside. I hadd an ESB and it was pretty good but a touch over hopped.

Of course, tonight was the finale of Downton Abbey for this season...nobody died. Seems like romance is stirring for a few characters.  I watched a rerun of the closing ceremony of the Olympics in Sochi.  I'm not sad to see it over.

February 24 - Monday. Beautiful day. Some green is starting to show in a few spots. I have some kind of weed that is growing all over the yard. I need to get back at the bocce project.

But not today. Since I've been busy the last three days I had to regain control of the house and that took all day. I made a trip to the grocery store and did some laundry. My lunch was at Burger King. Supper was tortellini with leeks and the last of the pork.  I watched a documentary/concert by the Rolling Stones.


No comments:

Post a Comment