Cold Mountain

Cold Mountain

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

February 4 -- Snowy Morning

Monday, February 3rd --I stayed at home. When I go out I eat and I'm trying to cut back on food. I worked on the computer off and on all morning.   My lunch was a bowl of soup...a can of soup. I noticed how dirty the stove was so I spent some time cleaning the burner thingies and the drip pan.

I got an email (fairly rare) from cousin Jim asking about some family tree stuff. Well, that just got me started and we went back and forth a couple times.

My supper was a two-egg frittata with turkey and pesto and some fried potatoes. Not too bad -- under 1500 calories for the day. My evening was PBS and a TV movie.  I wasn't paying much attention but it was snowing all evening. I was surprised when I looked out just before going to bed...everything was covered with snow.  Yippee!  I sort of miss it.


February 4th -- It was so pretty out this morning that I took a few pictures of the snow. It won't last but a few hours.  While I was watching my morning news the Dish satellite conked out and I lost TV access. Funny how, you don't care about TV but when it goes out you get agitated....like being cut off from something important.  It came back in about a hour.

Again I had lunch at home - a sandwich. Still watching my calories. In the afternoon I

worked on Quicken and my different bank accounts. My credit card records are messed up a little...I think it is human error.  I spent a couple hours trying to make sense of it. I made  it a little better but it is still confused.

My supper was a little elaborate.  I was hungry. I made a slow-cooked pork stew -- "Pork Al Andaluz" I call it because I used Moroccan  spices and some New Mexico chiles and some olives and lots of veggies. It was spicy from the chiles but not really very hot.

I watched more PBS on TV. If that was all I could get I'd be happy.  I noticed that we have a winter storm watch issued for the next couple days.


No comments:

Post a Comment