March 15th -- Saturday and windy. The bocce court is still wet from yesterday and the pond seems to be doing OK -- no water loss. I stayed at home and worked around the house even though I had a couple places to go. The wind sometimes keeps me inside.
Lunch was a sandwich and later in the afternoon I went grocery shopping and picked up Watson's needles. I was supposed to go to the Guild theater for a documentary movie but I decided to stay home. The Guild sounds like an interesting place...sort of like Rag-Tag Cinema Theater in Columbia but actually an old theater. Tonight's supper was potato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich.
March 16 - Sunday -- another pretty day. The pattern seems to be alternating between cool and windy days and beautiful sunny days. It is often sunny even on windy days. There is a little smoke haze in the air from a 'controlled burn' over in the mountains.
Today I decided to poison the algae. I stopped the pump and drained the stream. I sprinkled the algaecide powder directly on the exposed string algae and pulled out some rocks and cleared a more direct stream bed. The algaecide seems to have an effect but not harmful to the fish or the few snails I have in the rocks. When I turned the pump back on it flushed a lot of gunk and dead algae into the pond. It took a while to clear up. I pulled out a bucket full of dead or dying algae.
I took a late and leisurely lunch at Flying Star in Corrales. I talked to Jill who was on her way to New York City on the train. She seems to be confident and looking forward to the adventure and the interview.
We have a stunning full moon this evening coming up over the Sandias. I took a few pictures. Supper was a little late but good -- pork stir-fry. I watched rock concerts on TV most of the evening....Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones and the Hard Rock concert with Paul Simon, Bruce Springsteen and Paul McCartney...among others.
No comments:
Post a Comment