Cold Mountain

Cold Mountain

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

March 18 -- Pond scum

March 17 - St. Paddy's Day. It was pretty windy almost all day...to the point that it was uncomfortable to work outside.  I have plenty to do inside.  I went to the library to get new DVDs.


I went down to Kaktus for St. Paddy's Day corned beef and cabbage. WHOA-- what a crowd. I was lucky to find a place to sit. The food was from a food truck parked outside and they had run out by the time I got there and were trying to make more. I ended up talking to a guy (Evan) who was visiting from Portland (OR) who is a vintner in a commercial winery (Crowley Winery). We visited for the whole night. He ran into Dana and Chrisandra at a local restaurant and they invited him to the brewery. He was enjoying it...I was too. I'm always amazed at who I meet at this place. We talked about wine and beer all night. When it came, the Corned Beef wasn't very good and the cabbage and potatoes were worse but we were hungry so we ate it all.  Tom showed up later and we all had a visit.


March 18 - still breezy but better. I had some stuff to do around the house. Later I went to Barnes and Noble for my bagel and cream cheese lunch and then went over to Office Max to pick up a copy of TurboTax.  I have been wondering how to handle my taxes since I have two states plus the federal tax. I've been pretty good with TurboTax so I decided to give it a try. You get one state but you have to buy the 2nd state as an extra add-on.


I worked in the pond a couple times. The algaecide keeps killing off the algae at a slow pace so I have to go out and pull the floating and dead algae out of the pond periodically. I keep waiting for my bocce balls to arrive but nothing yet.


For supper I made black and white bean soup with some pork in it. It was good. I have some left over. I watched a DVD but I'd already seen it so I only half-way followed it.









No comments:

Post a Comment