Cold Mountain

Cold Mountain

Sunday, March 2, 2014

March 2 -- RAIN!!

March 1st - Saturday.  After going to the track meet last weekend and working all week on the bocce court, the inside of the house was needing some attention. Trash and dirty dishes were strewn around and I was running out of clean clothes. I got the kitchen under control -- not clean but under control. My laundry got started.

Rod appeared at the door and wanted to talk about the bocce court.  We went out to look at it and get an idea of where it needed to be leveled out. He had a long level and we saw that there were a few spots needing to get filled in.  All in all it is in good shape.  We are waiting for rain today -- hoping that  the dirt compacts a little and low spots are more noticeable.

I offered to take Rod and Terry out to get a pizza so we headed out at 2 PM to Pizza Hut....but it was closed when we got there.  We went to Dion's instead and it was good. We had a nice 'lupper' and filled up on pizza.

It rained a little while we were out but not like what we hoped for.  I watched random TV for a while. I'm really tired.


March 2nd - Sunday. Cloudy and cool with occasional rain (!!!) which we need very badly. There is new snow on the mountain.


I continued with my house cleaning. It looks better but not yet good. I can't seem to win out over the dust.  Terry, next door, says she uses the wind as an excuse for all the dust. That might work and then I can ignore it. It really is more like grit than dust in some respects.


I'm really pissed off at Russia because they occupied Crimea...not that they care about my feelings or concerns. I was always skeptical about the Crimean naval base arrangement between Russia and Ukraine. It's a nasty situation and there are folks on each side getting all worked up. The Russians that settled in the east of Ukraine would rather be Russian than Ukrainian...so they are happy to see the intervention. No matter how this ends it will be ugly.


I went to Flying Star for lunch and then picked up some groceries.  Rod and I looked over the bocce court to see how the dirt settled after the rain. It is easier to see the low spots. Betty gave me a number to call about heavy duty landscape fabric.


Supper is split pea soup.



No comments:

Post a Comment