Cold Mountain

Cold Mountain

Sunday, March 30, 2014

March 28....30 Busy, Busy

March 27th - Thursday. Worked outside most of the day. Rod and I played bocce in the afternoon. I lost all 3 games but not by much. Rod is on 2 bowling teams and is hard to beat. I went down to Kaktus in the evening but didn't stay long...there was a semi-private party going on.

March 28th -- warm and sunny. Big news...my goldfish are having babies. I had to quickly study up on goldfish mating. Whitey is apparently a girl...and very popular. Looks like I have swallows trying to build a nest in my canale in the back.

March 29th - Saturday. Rod built two wooden boxes to store the bocce set. We will mount them on the rail. I painted the boxes and the score board.  I made a trip over to Shady Lakes to see if they had any guidance on baby goldfish.  They don't...other than saying they will buy some back if they are colorful and healthy. They won't buy black ones....sounds familiar.

March 30th - Supposed to be windy but was calm most of the day. Rod and I worked on the bocce boxes and scoreboard. Mounting the boxes was more complicated than expected. Putting hinges on was tough.  They look nice and hold everything.  The fish are doing OK. I expect to see babies in a couple days.  Went grocery shopping this afternoon.

I've been busy and these are abbreviated entries,

No comments:

Post a Comment