Cold Mountain

Cold Mountain

Thursday, March 6, 2014

March 6 - Work, Work, Work

March 5th - Wednesday. Rod is a tough task-master. He is an early riser and wants to be hard at work early in the day. I'm a late night person and don't get up until around 8 AM and then have a certain amount of dilly-dally time I need to take. I have livestock to feed and medicate. I have to eat breakfast and have at least one cup of coffee and I need to take my own meds. On top of that I need to check the news and weather.


By the time I'm outside Rod is chompin' on the bit and wants to get busy on the bocce court. We worked all morning and for most of the afternoon digging holes and setting posts and then laying out the side boards. We got most of it done but still had a couple left to do. Rod had to go on an errand around 4 PM.  I pulled weeds and raked up what debris there was in the court area.


My pond is getting infested with algae again so I'm running an experiment. Algae dies if it is shaded so I laid a tarp over part of the stream to see if that kills off some of the algae. I'll leave it there a few days to see if it works.


Supper was chicken with tortellini and asparagus in a pesto sauce. It was good.  I'm watching the Longmire TV series on DVD and enjoying it. I'm doing one episode a night.


Thursday, March 6th -- I found out today that Sandy, my SIL, had a bad heart attack on Saturday and just got home from the hospital on Wednesday. This is Thursday and I'm just now finding out. I called Paul and he didn't seem like he was very talkative. He let me talk to Sandy. She sounded weak but was glad to be home. They put a stint in her artery. She needs to get stronger to be able to go to physical therapy.


Meanwhile, Rod ways out in the bocce court digging holes and waiting for me to help set posts and secure the side boards. We got that done and then I went and bought the paint we needed. He started painting and I went and bought the landscape cloth and ordered the crushed stone for the top filler.  I helped him paint when I got back and we got the whole thing painted. The crushed stone was delivered around 4 PM.  I covered it with a tarp in case it rains.


I went down to Kaktus for Thursday night beer and a brat and some music. I've done this for 3 weeks now and I'll probably go a couple more weeks but the music is getting a little stale.  I watched another Longmire and then went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment