March 7 -- Friday. Spent the day hauling crushed rock and covering the bocce court. I suspect that Rod and I moved close to 3 tons of crusher-fine stone and spread it out over the landscape cloth. That means we still have about 5 tons left to move. I'm pooped and hurt a little. My back seems to be unhappy about the whole situation.
Today was Rod's 76th birthday and he went home and got cleaned up to go on a birthday lunch. I gave him a card with a $50 Lowe's gift card in it. I suspect he will need a new drill shortly...we got some sand in his drill and it might get screwed up.
I got the court smoothed and leveled and then quit for the day. I went for a late lunch at Burger King and then went and bought some groceries. Supper was left over Split Pea Soup with some ice cream for dessert. Watched some PBS and then a couple Longmire episodes. Have a heat pad on my back....it helps.
Saturday, March 8. Today was much like yesterday except that we expected rain. Rod and I hauled crushed stone for a few hours in the morning.We had a little snow and a little sleet but no rain. The bocce court is looking very good. We rolled the surface a few times. We decided to stop early and wait for the rain....that never came. I went out at 4:30 and watered the surface because it looked like we might get a little rain and I wanted to settle the dust in case there was a big blow. The rain storm broke up just as it was getting here.
I did get out this afternoon and had lunch at Barnes and Noble and did some shopping. I was getting cabin fever from working on the bocce court every day.
Supper was chicken thighs, Brussels sprouts and boiled potatoes. I watched a couple Longmire episodes. I like that show.
No comments:
Post a Comment