March 23 - Sunday was nice as always, I've been waiting to hear from Jill -- she is travelling home. She called when she got to her apartment in Columbia, She says she learned a lot about her own preferences and what life was going to be like if she took the job. She decided she's not interested in the job or the drama of living in New York.
I had lunch at Flying Star - a scone - and then worked at home. I did some pond work, as usual. I didn't feel much like cooking for some reason and wanted to eat Italian. I looked for an Italian restaurant and ended up at Olive Garden. I was not happy with the food. TV ...not much on...I watched Eyes Wide Shut
March 24th -- a good day. I decided to get my car registration (Subaru) switched over to NM. I went to the library first and then to the Motor Vehicle Division office in Rio Rancho. I got there at 11:20 and waited 90 minutes only to be told that they couldn't help me. I had to go to a "state" office so someone could look at my VIN number on my car and compare it to the title....they couldn't do that. All together, I spent 4 hours trying to get the registration changed and finally went home. I did get someone to look at the VIN number and attest that the numbber agreed with the title.
You can't fix stupid. In 35+ years in government I have never seen anything as stupid and willfully incompetent as the NM Motor Vehicle Division. Transplants to NM need to show proof of residence and someone from the DMV has to physically walk out to the car and eyeball the VIN number and attest that it agrees with the title. BUT...They don't trust their own people to do that so only certain offices are authorized to have someone look at the VIN number. Plus, they don't trust the county clerks to accurately determine residency for voting...your voting card isn't sufficient proof of residence. The system is the problem...the employees are trapped in a system designed to be inefficient.
When I got home I decided to poison the Russian Sage that is trying to come back around the pond. Supper was fish, french fries and asparagus. Watched Antiques Road Show.
No comments:
Post a Comment