Cold Mountain

Cold Mountain

Saturday, March 22, 2014

March 22 Spring

March 21 - Friday...this is the 1st full day of spring and I'm glad it's here although you can't really tell any difference. My rose bush and lilac have new leaves but the other trees and shrubs are still dormant.

I did some of my (apparently) daily pond chores...pulling out dead algae. It looks much better than it did. The fish are acting a little odd and I'm wondering if they will spawn at some point. I think they are just pouting about me messing with the pond every day. Now, I know the mosquito fish must have had babies because I have bunches of tiny little minnow-looking mosquito fish.

My finger is OK. The infection has been defeated and it is just a scabby looking thing now...like an old blister.

I had lunch at Burger King....been going there a lot. I went to social Security to be sure they wouldn't do state withholding....they won't. I might have to play sort of a juggling game and increase my federal withholding so I can get a refund to pay the state.  That's the opposite of what I was doing.   I went and got a haircut. My hair was hanging down in my face and driving me crazy. I stopped off at Home Depot to look at garden stuff.

My supper was butterflied and breaded pork with Lima beans and mashed potatoes. Ate it all.  Tonight's TV was more DVD episodes of Reilly.



March 22 - Saturday.  It seems like it is always windy but this is March. I stayed at home in the morning and worked around the house. Surprise -- surprise, my Subaru needs to have it's registration transferred to New Mexico this week.  I almost missed it. That's something I have to do Monday. The truck gets transferred in May.  I get "official" New Mexico plates.  My driver's license doesn't expire for a few years so I need to see if that's OK.

I worked on my checkbook and found out where I made my $1,000 error. I have more money than I thought because I wrote down the deposit wrong. That's good news. I worked more on my taxes...printing them off and trying to decide about estimated taxes. IRS and New Mexico are wanting my money and Missouri wants to give me a refund. I'll send off Missouri taxes on Monday.

I went for lunch at Wendy's and then went for groceries at Albertsons'. I used coupons and saved a couple dollars. They always seem crabby or grouchy over there. At best you might get a cordial polite answer or a 'hello' but they seem unfriendly.  No helpful smile in every aisle. I had hot dogs for supper. Somehow today I seem to have sprained my toe or did something to my foot.  Tonight I enjoyed looking at old mystery DVDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment